Effective February 28, 2022, City of Phoenix lifted the face mask requirement for those visiting and/or attending programs within City of Phoenix facilities and Phoenix Public Library locations. City of Phoenix follows CDC Guidelines for reducing COVID risk. Should the risk level in Maricopa County increase to a high category, masking requirements will be reinstated. Attendance at in-person programs continues to be reduced to accommodate physical distancing. Thank you for understanding.
Cesar Chavez Library Safe Sleep & Home Safety Class (English Class)
Phoenix Children’s provides the Keep Your Safe Baby Program, which combines education on Safe Sleep and Home Safety for parents to share the benefits of baby proofing a home to prevent injuries. Parents can participate in a free 2-hour Keep Your Baby Safe training, parents will receive a free Keep Your Baby Safe Kit (kit includes a Pack ’n Play along with other home safety products). Participants must pre-register. This class will be presented in Spanish on July 20th.
• Do not currently own a crib or Pack ‘n Play®.
• Must be in third trimester of pregnancy (28-40 weeks).
• OR baby must be less than 6 months and weigh under 20 lbs.
• Unable to purchase a crib or Pack ‘n Play®.
• Must participate in a 2-hour Safe Sleep and Home Safety training.
Time Zone: Arizona Time (change)